Fourth installment of the social simulation game
If you're one of those guys that wake up every morning wanting to be someone else, with a different life, a different job, a different car, different friends, a different personality and even a different couple, apart from confirming that you to think about a few things in your life, we offer you to relieve your situation, even if it's only for a couple of hours a day. We're obviously talking about The Sims franchise and specifically the fourth installment of the series, The Sims 4 Create a Sime, in which you can live a new virtual life far beyond reality and in which you can be a totally different person.
Live a new life in front of your PC.
This new edition comes along with loads of technological advances regarding previous versions, especially in terms of the artificial intelligence of the characters. But its greatest update has to do with the new system to create Sims, much more intuitive and complete, that will help us to model our character up to the slightest detail, choosing his/her personality, ethnic group, hairstyle, facial traits, and clothes. You can create an avatar that's your spitting image or someone that looks totally the opposite.
Where to purchase and play The Sims 4?
As you probably already know, all the installments of this saga of social simulation video games have been developed by Electronic Arts (yep, the same guys that publish a new version of FIFA every year). And like the majority of video games created and marketed by the American company, the latter can be bought and downloaded from its official digital software distribution platform called Origin.
You'll just have to create an account, if you haven't got one already, providing certain personal details in order to sign up on the service and download the game's demo. If you haven't got enough with the trial version, you can purchase the full game, whether in its Standard Edition or its Deluxe Edition (with more digital contents). The price? The first one will cost you just under 60 dollars, whilst the second can be yours for an amount of money under 70 dollars.
Only available for PC and Mac.
And if you were wondering about the platforms and operating systems compatible with the game, unfortunately, it's only available for Windows PCs and Apple computers equipped with macOS. So it hasn't been released for PlayStation, Xbox or any other console or mobile device, although you can download a companion app for Android, in APK format, and iPhone from their respective official stores.
Main features and updates
- Create and handle new characters that are smarter than ever.
- Characters with different and marked personalities and a wider range of feelings.
- Build the house of your dreams, explore your neighborhood and meet your neighbors.
- New pets to take care of during your new virtual life.
- Advanced artificial intelligence to give your characters more emotions and feelings.
- Highly customizable sandbox world in which you can do as you like.
- Create a Sim and Build Mode redesigned to make the generation of Sims and building processes much easier and more intuitive: it's like building with clay.
- New vibrant neighborhoods, with plenty of social life and community place to entertain your avatars.
- Share your creations with The Sims 4 community and download contributions by other players.
- Unlock prizes and rewards by completing different missions and events.
- New free contents are added with each update: swimming pool, ghosts, new occupations, etc.
Expansions for The Sims 4
One of the features that the fans of this video game welcome the most is that despite having quite a few years behind it (it was initially launched for PC in 2014 and landed on macOS in 2015), Electronic Arts releases expansion packs quite often. Thanks to the latter, not only do they improve and broaden the original functions, but they also give the sensation that they take care of the fans of the game, answering their requests regarding new occupations, new lifestyles, new skills, new buildings and new cities.
The latest expansion of the fourth installation of The Sims was released at the end of 2016 under the name of City Living, based on the fictional city of San Myshuno and in which we'll discover new professions, such as a politician or social media manager, and new cheats and skills for our characters. The truth is that it's the best expansion released to the date, better than Get to Work and Get Together.
- Requires Windows XP or above.
- It's a trial version with certain limitations.
- Game downloadable through Origin.
The Sims FreePlay Android 5.26.1 New
The free version of The Sims
The Sims 3 iPhone World Adventures 1.2.21
Live an alternative life on your phone